Cosmetic treatments such as dermal fillers are one of the most favorable procedures to get when visiting a medical spa. One great reason for that is the subtle and immediate effect for enhancing certain regions of the face. If you are in search of dermal fillers in Toronto, Therapeutic Aesthetics has one of the best aestheticians in the city for the procedure. A subtle, youthful glam is what we are trained to deliver.
If you don’t know much about dermal fillers or you aren’t quite sure if the cosmetic procedure is right for you, then you stumbled upon the right blog to read.
Here are five things to know about dermal fillers:
1. Dermal Fillers Act Like Collagen and Restores the Plump in the Face
Collagen is the substance in our skin that allows for a smooth, youthful, and plump appearance. With aging, our collagen levels decrease which can also lead to fine lines and wrinkles. The dermal filler is made of an FDA approved substance – typically hyaluronic acid – that operates the same way as collagen by restoring volume and hydrates the skin. It is effectively used for regions of the face that need a plump such as the lips. Depending on the injected area, the amount of filler used may vary.
If you are looking for a subtle enhancement, our dermal fillers Toronto treatment is the perfect choice to fulfill your cosmetic needs.
2. Our Dermal Fillers in Toronto Are the Best and the Results are Long-Lasting
Although the effects of dermal fillers are not permanent, the results are fairly long-lasting. The substance dissolves differently for everyone; however, most fillers are effective for up to a year. On average, patients will return for a touch-up six months post-procedure. It is best to schedule a treatment before the previous filler has completely dissolved, that way it helps with the cost and the results will look more subtle.
Dermal fillers provide the longest lasting effects compared to all the other cosmetic treatments which gives it another reason that makes it to the top of the list of procedures.
Visit our welcoming clinic for a consultation and learn more about what fillers can do for you.
3. Not all Dermal Filler Injectors Use the Same Techniques
There are numerous factors when it comes to dermal filler, such as the injecting technique used during the treatment and where the substance is inserted. A certified injector will know exactly where and how much filler to be used. The general bone structure is what the aesthetician typically follows to interpret the results for a symmetrical and harmonizing effect.
Every injector will probably give you different opinions and options. Sometimes, it may take some shopping around to land in the hands of a medical aesthetician that knows what you want and has the techniques to prove it. We don’t suggest rushing into getting anything done with just one consultation, go out there and do the research to see the options you have.
Get in touch with our clinic to find out more about our fillers in Toronto.
4. The Procedure is not as Painful as you Think
If you are nervous about getting fillers, know that most patients report little to no pain during the procedure. That is usually because the practitioner will apply a numbing agent prior to the injections. The other great benefit is that the procedure does not take as long as you think, which means even if you undergo minor discomfort it will not last long.
5. What to Do Before and After the Cosmetic Treatment
Here are some important factors to consider during your dermal filler journey:
- While it may be tempting to treat swelling with Ibuprofen, it can actually make the swelling worse. We recommend just icing the injected areas following the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for a couple of days because alcohol acts as a blood thinner and can lead to causing more inflammation.
- Skip the gym for about 24 hours before and after the procedure. Yes, blood circulation is good, but too much can increase the swelling.
- Icing is a great way to reduce swelling after the treatment. It can also prevent small-scale bruising from occurring.
- For the first couple of days the filler is still malleable, so you may want to avoid manipulating the filler and not doing things like massages in those areas.
- Most importantly, follow the after-care instructions the medical aesthetician provides you with. Also, don’t be shy and ask all the questions you need for a comforting experience.
In need of facial or dermal fillers in Toronto ? We have the best trained professionals for the job. You will walk out with the anticipated results you have been dreaming about!