Botox is currently the most popular non-surgical facial rejuvenation solution available. Therefore, care after Botox injection is also something everyone often has on their mind.
Botox is a method to slim down the face, remove nasolabial folds and wrinkles on the skin effectively to help you achieve youthful, smooth skin. For Botox to maximize its effects and maintain its long-term effectiveness, Botox Toronto is giving you some advice about what to pay attention to:
- Apply some ice
Swelling and mild bruising are typical signs after even the best Botox Toronto injections, so there’s nothing to worry about. Simply place an ice pack with a soft cloth on the affected area for 15 minutes to relieve this. The cold temperature of the ice will help constrict blood vessels under the skin, which will stop bleeding, dissolve bruising and swelling, and limit pain.
- After a Botox injection, don’t drive home
After you have finished a Botox Toronto injection and left the facility, even if you are not completely tired, do not drive yourself, regardless of whether it is a car or a motorbike. To avoid unwanted side effects, you should ask a loved one to pick you up or take a taxi home.
- Talk to your doctors if there’s something wrong
At home, if you experience signs such as drooping eyelids and eyebrows, swollen eyes, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, chest pain, hoarse voice, headache, or facial pain that won’t go away, return to the medical facility and ask your doctor to review and find a timely treatment.
- Avoid making contact with the treated area
In the first 3 hours after the injection, the Botox inside your skin is still unstable. Therefore, you should not rub or massage the treated area because the impact will cause the Botox to move to unwanted areas. Besides, for the first 3 days, you should keep your head in an elevated position, do not lower your face. At the same time, you should stop bodybuilding activities such as gym and yoga to avoid the Botox from spreading to other parts of the body, causing unwanted side effects.
- Be mindful of your diet after a Botox injection
After a Botox injection, you need to:
- Eat a lot of green vegetables, drink a lot of water, avoid using stimulants such as coffee, alcohol, beer, carbonated drinks.
- Abstain from foods that you are allergic to and at the same time abstain from processed foods from seafood, water spinach, chicken, beef, glutinous foods, etc., because they can cause swelling and edema.
- Add fruit and juice to each meal.
- Eat only soft foods. Avoid hard foods if you have Botox injections in the chin or cheek area.
- Follow a strict schedule for activities and rests
In addition to the diet, you also need to pay attention to your daily routine:
- Remember to keep an early bedtime, avoid staying up late.
- Limit the use of cosmetics, including face wash, within the first week.
- Keep the Botox-treated area warm. Do not turn on the air conditioner at too low a temperature because it can cause the Botox to freeze and clump, making the skin surface rough and concave.
- Don’t directly expose yourself to the sun. Don’t wear a mask that is too tight when going out.
The Bottom Line
Improving your look using Botox, even without surgery, still requires you to follow the proper instructions and care to achieve safety and the highest efficiency. At the same time, you should also take the time to learn to choose a reputable beauty facility that uses Botox of clear origin to avoid running unfortunate issues in the long run. For that matter, Botox Toronto is a perfect choice for you, as we are the best Botox Clinic Toronto has to offer.