PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) TREATMENT
Men, do you have a receding hairline or are you looking for a more youthful appearance?
PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy is an exciting, new treatment that can help men with thinning hair and aging skin. It’s safe, effective, and most importantly – it works! You’ll be amazed at the results. And best of all – there are no side effects!
Hair Loss Treatment
Hair loss treatment is a long-term commitment. It’s important to maintain consistency in your appointments so that you will see results as soon as possible! Treatments are typically performed once a month for the first three to four months, and then every three to six months thereafter, depending on the individual patient’s response and results. Following this protocol, anticipated results can first be seen within two to three months.
If you want to look younger without having to go under the knife, this is your solution! We use your own blood which is drawn from your arm using sterile equipment in our clinic. Because it’s made with your own blood, PRP therapy is sometimes called a “vampire facial”. The blood goes through a special process that isolates growth factors. These growth factors stimulate collagen production by activating fibroblast cells in order to diminish wrinkles, large pores, pigmentation, and laxity on the skin. For best results, most people need anywhere from three (3) to six (6) sessions, with one session done about every four weeks.
PRP Treatment and Microneedling - A powerful combined treatment
At Therapeutic Aesthetics, we use a combination of PRP and microneedling for hair restoration and facial treatments to achieve maximum penetration. Using the Skin Pen for microneedling amplifies the effectiveness of PRP, which boosts hair growth for hair restoration treatments or collagen production for facial treatments.
Book an appointment for a Platelet-Rich-Plasma(PRP) treatment at our Aesthetics Clinic in Toronto, Burlington and Pickering. We also provide other aesthetics services like Botox Toronto, Dermal Fillers and Microneedling.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP?
The Elite PRP treatment is a revolutionary method that utilizes the components of your own blood to regenerate skin. PRP is a blood product that can be used in the treatment of various conditions and it has been widely used for many years in plastic surgery, orthopedics, dentistry, soft tissue implants, and other types of procedures. Platelet rich plasma is a concentration of human platelets in a small volume of plasma measured as 1,000,000 platelets per mm or 2-6 times the original blood concentration. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is enriched with platelets, stem cells, and growth factors.
How can PRP Treatment help?
Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP Treatment can help the body regenerate and rejuvenate damaged tissues. From a cosmetic standpoint, PRP works well to restore hair growth and repair scarred tissue. Once injected into your skin, the substances found within PRP accelerate the normal healing process by producing new collagen at the treatment site. The result is long lasting tissue rejuvenation brought about by your own cells.
The PRP Treatment Process: As Easy as 1-2-3!
Step #1: Extraction
A sample of your blood will be taken and processed in a centrifuge. The centrifugal force will separate the blood into three different layers: red blood cells, white blood cells, and plasma. The platelet-rich plasma will then be extracted from the blood sample and used to prepare the PRP syringes. In some cases, additives may also be added to the syringes.
Step #2: Injection
Then PRP is injected into the injured area or your scalp for hair loss or hair restoration treatment.
Step #3: Rejuvenation
Once the PRP is injected into the scalp, its growth factors stimulate the scalp. This promotes healthy hair follicle regeneration, decreases hair failing issues, and thickens the hair. Microneedling may also be used to amplify the effects of the treatment. Usually, it takes a few weeks for this treatment to show effective results.
PRP Treatment is used for:
- Aesthetic Rejuvenation: The skin naturally ages over time, which causes its appearance to deteriorate. Elite-PRP is an exciting new approach to naturally rejuvenate your skin and restore a youthful look.
- Anti-Aging: Elite-PRP is an amazing treatment method to treat sagging skin, wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tone, and much more due to its ability to stimulate collagen production.
- Damaged Skin: There is significant clinical evidence that PRP removes sun damage from the skin.
- Scars & Acne: There are also many clinical studies concluding that there is a positive correlation between using PRP therapy to treat scars & acne.
- Hair Loss: One of the most effective ways to stimulate hair growth is mesotherapy of the head skin with PRP treatment. For individuals who have hair loss due to an inadequate diet, hormonal imbalance, and/or circulatory insufficiencies, PRP treatment is a perfect solution.
- Orthopaedic Treatment: The use of PRP injections has become a prevalent treatment in musculoskeletal conditions within the past few years. PRP injections have been found to be safe and accelerate the soft tissue healing process.
- Ophthalmologic Conditions: PRP treatment has been extended to ophthalmology as it has a surplus of benefits in healing issues within the eye.
- Dental: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a new approach to tissue regeneration and it is becoming more valuable in promoting healing after dental and oral surgery procedures.
Cost of PRP Treatment
The cost of a PRP treatment can vary depending on the specific PRP treatment process required.
Most insurance plans don’t cover PRP treatments. Thus, the cost of this treatment will be out of your own pocket (in most cases, not all). Call us today at 416-705-8672 to know the exact price of the treatment we provide.
The PRP Treatment Time frame
PRP treatment takes a few weeks to reflect results and you need to be patient while undergoing this treatment. It usually takes about 4 to 5 weeks for PRP treatment to yield results, however this can vary based on the PRP treatment you are taking.
Also, you may require an appointment with Therapeutic Aesthetics every 4 to 6 months after you take this treatment. You may have to visit our specialists to check the progress and effectiveness of the treatment.
After PRP Treatment Takeaways:
There are certain points that you need to keep in your mind to make sure that the results of this treatment are faster, more effective, and without any side effects.
- It is important that you avoid getting the treatment area wet for at least 48 hours.
- You will also need to avoid applying any gel or cream to the treatment area. Using a gel or cream boosts the chances of swelling which is not desirable at all.
- Some amount of pain or soreness is completely normal for a couple of days after you take this treatment. Please avoid taking any medication just because there is soreness or pain. Wait for a couple of days and if the pain remains, contact our clinic.
- Wait for a few months for the results to reflect after taking this treatment. If the results are not reflected for a long time, you might need to take this treatment again.
To get more information about PRP and to get the most reliable treatment, contact Therapeutic Aesthetics now at 416-705-8672 to know more.
When your hair is too thin or weak, it can be frustrating. PRP Treatment Toronto specialists can effectively help you to get rid of these issues and give you thick and strong locks! Therapeutic Aesthetics is here to help you out. Book your appointment now for a PRP Treatment at our Toronto, Burlington, or Pickering clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not to wash the area of PRP treatments for 24 hours after the procedure and use special shampoo and for face skin care that has been recommended by your provider.
Basically, the clients have some redness on the area of treatment which normally disappears after one day. Some patients experience a mild swelling or bruising which disappear after a few days.
Absolutely. For example, we need a good centrifuge to do PRP. It is important that your centrifuge machine works perfectly, otherwise we will not have a good plasma for the treatment.
Regenlab is known as a leading provider of PRP centrifuge and PRP kit.