PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) TREATMENT
PRP (platelet rich plasma) therapy is a very safe 3 step medical treatment. we use patient’s own blood which is drawn and processed to use its concentration of platelets which is injected in to scalp or face, to promote the growth and regeneration of hair follicles for the scalp and collagen into the skin for Vampire face lifts . PRP provides 7 growth factors which stimulate collagen production by activating the fibroblast and as a result it diminishes the wrinkles, large pores, pigmentation and laxity on the skin.
For best results for hair restoration, consistency is key. Treatments are typically performed once a month for the first three to four months, and then every three to six months thereafter, depending on the individual patient’s response and results. Following this protocol, anticipated results can first be seen within two to three months as for vampire facial, Most people need anywhere from three (3) to six (6) sessions, with one session done about every four weeks.
Prp treatment and Microneedling - A powerful combined treatment
Therapeutic Aesthetics we use a combination of PRP and microneedling for hair restoration or PRP for face treatment for maximum penetration. This is because the microneedling from Skin Pen gives the skin an added stimulus to boost hair growth for hair restoration or collagen production for Skin rejuvenation on the face with the use of the rich nutrient- rich platelets- making for an optimum results. Book an appointment for a Platelet-Rich-Plasma(PRP) treatment at our Aesthetics Clinic in Toronto, Burlington and Pickering. We also provide other aesthetics services like Botox Toronto, Dermal Fillers and Microneedling.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP?
Elite-PRP is a revolutionary treatment method, which utilizes the components of your own blood to regenerate your skin. These ingredients reside within the fraction of your blood named “Platelet Rich Plasma” (PRP).
PRP is enriched with platelets, stem cells and growth factors. Once injected into your skin, these substances will accelerate the normal healing process via new collagen formation at the treatment site. The process brings long lasting tissue rejuvenation by your own cells.
How can PRP Treatment help?
PRP has been widely used for many years in plastic surgery, orthopedics, dentistry, soft tissue implants, and other types of procedures. A platelet rich plasma is a concentration of human platelets in a small volume of plasma measured as 1,000,000 platelets per mm or 2-6 times the original blood concentration.
Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP Treatment can be your healer if you are suffering from any severe injury like injured ligaments, tendons, joints, muscles etc. Hair restoration and recovering from the scars due to cosmetic surgery procedures is a major area where this treatment has been effective
The PRP Treatment Process:
How does PRP treatment work? This is a common question that every patient has. And, rightly so. Nothing wrong with knowing the work process of treatment before taking it.
PRP is extracted from your blood itself. Patient’s blood samples are taken and spun intensely in a centrifuge. The centrifugal force separates the blood into RBC, WBC & plasma. Using this, the PRP syringes are prepared. Additives may also be added depending on the treatment.
Then PRP is injected into the injured area or your scalp for hair loss or hair restoration treatment.
As the blood plasma along with rich platelets are injected, it makes the hair grow and reduces the hair falling issues. These platelets are also responsible to thicken your hair and thus making them strong.
Usually, it takes a few weeks for this treatment to show effective results. The treatment is known to increase specific proteins in your body which amplifies the speed of your healing process.
PRP Treatment is used for:
- Aesthetic Rejuvenation: Aesthetically, the skin naturally ages over time; deteriorating its appearance. Elite-PRP is an exciting new approach to rejuvenate your skin, naturally.
- Anti-Aging: Elite-PRP is an amazing treatment method to treat sagging skin, wrinkles, fine lines, evening skin tone, and much more due to collagen production.
- Damaged Skin: Evidence that PRP removes photo damaged skin has been clinically proven multiple times.
- Scars & Acne: Does a traumatic surgery for the removal of your scars sound comfortable? Elite-PRP does not think so. There are many clinical studies concluding that there is a positive correlation between using PRP therapy to treat scar & acne.
- Hair Loss: One of the most effective ways to stimulate hair growth is mesotherapy of the head skin with PRP treatment. Individuals who have hair loss due to an inadequate diet, hormonal imbalance, and/or circulatory insufficiencies PRP treatment is a perfect solution.
- Orthopaedic Treatment: The use of PRP injections has become a prevalent treatment in musculoskeletal conditions within the past few years. PRP injections have been found to be safe and accelerate the soft tissue healing process.
- Ophthalmologic Conditions: PRP treatment has been extended to ophthalmology as it has a surplus of benefits in healing issues within the eye.
- Dental: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a new approach to tissue regeneration and it is becoming more valuable in promoting of healing dental and oral surgery procedures.
Cost of PRP Treatment
The cost of a PRP treatment can vary depending on the specific PRP treatment process required.
Most insurance plans don’t cover PRP treatments. Thus, the cost of this treatment will require your own pocket (in most cases, not all). Do connect with us at 416-705-8672 to know the exact price of the treatment we provide.
The PRP Treatment Time frame
PRP treatment takes a few weeks to reflect results. Thus, you need to be a bit patient while taking this treatment. It usually takes from 4 to 5 weeks for PRP treatment to reflect the results of the PRP treatment you are taking.
Also, you may require an appointment with Therapeutic Aesthetics every 4 to 6 months after you take this treatment. You may have to visit our specialists to check the progress and effectiveness of the treatment.
After PRP Treatment Takeaways:
There are certain points that you need to keep in your mind to make sure that the results of this treatment are faster, more effective, and without any side effects.
- It is important that you avoid the treatment area of the body getting wet for at least 48 hours.
- Also, avoid applying any gel or cream to the treatment area. Using a gel or cream boosts the chances of swelling which is not desirable at all.
- Some amount of pain or some amount of soreness is completely normal for a couple of days after you take this treatment. Please avoid taking any medication just because there is soreness or pain. Wait for a couple of days and if still the pain doesn’t fade, contact our clinic.
- Wait for a few months for the results to reflect after taking this treatment. If the results are not reflected for a long time, you might need to take this treatment again.
To get more information about PRP and to get the most reliable treatment, contact Therapeutic Aesthetics now at 416-705-8672 to know more.
Without any doubt, you deserve to get thick and strong hairs. We understand that these factors can frustrate you and play dirty games with your mentality. But PRP Treatment Toronto specialists can effectively help you to get rid of these issues.
Therapeutic Aesthetics is here to help you out and make sure that you are provided with your desired treatment in a very trusted way. Book your appointment now for a PRP Treatment at our Toronto, Burlington, or Pickering clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not to wash the area of PRP treatments for 24 hours after the procedure and use special shampoo and for face skin care that has been recommended by your provider.
Basically, the clients have some redness on the area of treatment which normally disappears after one day. Some patients experience a mild swelling or bruising which disappear after a few days.
Absolutely. For example, we need a good centrifuge to do PRP. It is important that your centrifuge machine works perfectly, otherwise we will not have a good plasma for the treatment.
Regenlab is known as a leading provider of PRP centrifuge and PRP kit.